Let’s start this text with the following sentence:
“An international patient would only lose a fraction of his money if he bought an expensive medical service, but if he buys a medical service too cheap he might lose his health”
The reason to mention this point is that patients with more eyes wide open have to give priority to valuable medical services and choose the right paths and references. The goal is not to say that health care in Iran is expensive, but it is cheaper than other medical healthcare destinations in worldwide and the Middle East region. But the aim was to give the international patient the idea that although cost of medical travel is an important factor in choosing a health destination or provider to receive services, but more importantly, the issues of providing valuable, reliable and high quality experiences, and providing clear and comprehensive medical service packages in valid paths (not illegal brokers) has a much higher significance. We strongly support this approach.
Anyway, as international medical tourism grows, transparency in the pricing of healthcare services has great importance to international patients. It should be noted that success in this industry requires high clarity and accuracy.
Those who are new to the industry’s competition should consider three basic questions in the pricing and rate setting.
- Are my rates up-to-date and accurate and have I considered the principle of transparency in the process of pricing and rate setting?
- Are the proposed prices from the hospital competitive, and has competitive analysis been carried out?
- How can I adjust my earnings so that the costs are covered and profitable?
Some of the most important considerations regarding pricing medical tourism services are:
– announcing prices on the official site of the service center / hospital / clinics / facilitating companies
– Contracting or price confirmation from the patient or authorized facilitating company
– Adjusting the price based on a maximum of 2K national medical tariffs
– Correct analysis of the cost of the service package based on the medical tourism services cycle compared to other competitors
It should be noted that the cost of treatment is a major factor in choosing the destination of medical tourism and hospitals for treatment, but more importantly is creating value, security, providing clear and comprehensive service packages and minimizing international patient concerns.
In the following, Pricing is provided at three levels. The announced prices are approximate and will not guarantee the final price, and according to the rates offered by the member hospitals and the analysis of competitors’ prices. The precise pricing depends on issues such as:
- Patient’s specific medical conditions,
- Updated medical services,
- Accommodation costs,
- Duration of stay,
- Air transportations,
- and other peripheral services.
The costs of health travel in Iran depend on a variety of factors, including hospital or clinic level, the location of the hospital or clinic, the experience of the physician, the accreditation and the brand of the hospital or clinic, the exchange rate and …